Monday, April 7, 2014

THE Ultrasound

February was a whirlwind. We started the month off in Utah for my niece Hailey's baptism.


A few days after we got home we set sail to the western Caribbean with my ENTIRE family for 8 days. It was a beautiful, glorious 8 days (a little surprisingly, as there were NO fights at all between any of us during this trip).


The very next day after we got back from the cruise, Skylar and I flew off to Ohio for a roofing convention where we won an award!


And then, the day we got back from Ohio, we went in for another ultrasound for the sole purpose of learning,  once and for all, this baby's gender.


I have no idea why it was made known to me years ago that this girl was coming, but I'm getting more and more excited for her presence every day! When I think about this daughter, I find that I don't give too many of my thoughts to her babyhood, but rather to her whole "personhood," if you will. Of course I'm looking forward to snuggling a newborn fresh from above (everyone says it's the best), but mostly I'm looking forward to knowing this person. I can't wait to learn all about her, learn from her, and be right there with her as she progresses through life.

And, if I'm being honest, one of the things I'm most excited for is to see how much she and her dad are going to love each other. Our "oldest daughter" (Indiana, our dog) stole Skylar's heart last year. I've never seen a man love his girl dog the way Skylar loves Indiana. And he is her FAVORITE thing in the whole world. When he's around, I might as well be chopped liver. And that's fine with me because that dog KNOWS she's loved. So I can't imagine the dynamic that will develop between this father and daughter (of the same species).


So keep on cookin', baby girl. We're excited to spend the rest of our lives with you, but there's still plenty to do (on your part and ours) before that adventure begins.


I can't get enough of that profile. It's just so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment